Sunday, December 4, 2016

Cinnamon’s Wake – Season 1, Episode 5




Because of the time it will take to re-watch the episodes I am going to change my track a little.  I will be sharing and possibly elaborating on my thoughts as I re-watch. A little less formal, but hopefully none-the-less entertaining.

  1. Friday night dinner - Oooh. Pretty flowers
  2. Moon Landing? Philco? How old am I that I know what those things are…
  3. Man, Emily is funny
  4. “…All you have to do is call my name and I’ll be there…” Man, this song is catchy.
  5. An apple… Rory ate an apple?
  6. Lane is an interesting kid.
  7. Cinnamon is quite the princess. Spoiled much?
  8. Do people in these shows not know about the panicked rush to get ready in the morning? When I was in high school, it was shower, dress, and dash!
  9. That’s the cleanest public bus… Things must be different in Connecticut.
  10. Dean is kind of a creeper.
  11. Rory’s freak outs are hilarious! “Stop the bus!”
  12. Is Yanic Trusedale really French?
  13. The patented Michel “Kill me now” smile.
  14. Isn't Sookie doing the bake sale cheating?
  15. Oh, dear lord Sookie… Half head, huge corn-rows.   This show certainly shows its age on the re-watch.
  16. There are a lot of grey haired people at Chilton all the time.
  17. What is it with the Gargoyles?
  18. Max: “Coffee. Do you like coffee?” Lorelei: “Only with my oxygen.”
  19. M. Night Shamalan, that’s the “I see dead people” guy, right?
  20. Dyspeptic? There's a word you don't hear much.
  21. Poor Cinnamon. No wonder she’s a princess…
  22. A Lesson, just because we have a coupon doesn't mean that we need to use it!
  23. Ms. Patty: “Try a plum there better than sex!”
  24. Mick is now Kirk and he’s the assistant manager at Doose’s??
  25. Jeez, Dean is pushy! Paper or Plastic? Did he need to act like that when he knew she was embarrassed?
  26. Lorelei: “Should we cut the cute and just get right to it?”
  27. Max and Lorelei are good together.
  28. YAY! Sookie with normal hair!
  29. Sookie behind the counter and getting caught! HA! “Your gonna plotz!”
  30. Luke: “SOOKIE! What have I said about the counter? The Counter is a sacred space. My sacred space. You don't do yoga on the Dahli Lama’s mat and you don't come behind my counter. Period.”
  31. Finally, Luke is funny! I think that is the most he’s said in 5 episodes.
  32. What’s with Babette’s door?
  33. Maury: “She gave me that heeeey man what’s up look…”
  34. The garden gnomes are cute.
  35. Again, another short door.
  36. Michel: “Yoo-hoo hew-haw man”
  37. Rory sure is awkward when a guy comes around.
  38. How come people just can't understand the importance of pets in our lives.  When one dies it's a big deal.
  39. Mustang, nice choice Max.
  40. Kirk apologizing… He is Human!
  41. I think Ms. Patty is my spirit animal.
  42. So many gnomes!
  43. Again, with the creepy Dean.
  44. Oh! wait, an apology from Dean.
  45. And then awkward Rory.
  46. And with that speech from Lorelei we see where Rory gets her awkwardness with guys.
  47. Oliver North and Fawn Hall
  48. Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton
  49. Oooh pretty lanterns.
  50. Lorelei teaching her mother phone etiquette… Nice.
  51. Emily: “Oh what? You're going to a raccoon’s wedding?”
  52. TUPPERWARE! Classic pitcher.

Final Thoughts:
Maid Count: still at 6, but who knows what happened off camera.
Kirk’s Jobs: Ok, he has been a cable installer, swan delivery guy and now the assistant manager at the grocery store…

This episode was interesting. Not my favorite so far.  The dialog between Max and Lorelei is great, but Dean freaks me out.  Emily is developing quite the sense of humor! The sad tone of losing a loved one takes it down a bit.

Overall I give this 3 out of 5 Garden Gnomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment